Sunday, June 27, 2010

Three Weeks

It's been three weeks here at Langley and I've been having a great time! I am the only student working on my project, which is kind of sad considering everyone else I've been talking to get to work more in groups and get to meet other interns. On the other hand, I am getting a lot of hands on experience and feel extremely fortunate to be working with the engineers in the Carbon-Carbon lab.

So far, we haven't gotten terribly much done on my project due to materials arriving late, etc., but in the meantime I've been learning different mechanical testing for materials: tensile, compression, etc. I feel like I'm shadowing rather than getting much done yet, but when we have some panels made I'll be trained to be able to get some interesting information about a material that I created. It doesn't really sound exciting, but then again, I get to break stuff. Who else gets to do that purposefully?

No comments:

Post a Comment